Remember when we first met? 1998. You were so young, so fresh. No, no I said. Not for me.
Remember our first kiss? Wow! I said. So delicious, so tempting. But not for me.
Remember the first time we lay together all night? You held me so tightly. Ah, it won’t last. It’s not for me.
Remember the first time you told me you love me? I knew I loved you, but I was too scared to say it. You weren’t for me.
Remember when we decided you should move in? Well, maybe he can be mine for a little while.
Remember when we picked out a dog together? I like having him around. Maybe we can love each other for a while. Maybe I can pretend he’s mine.
Remember when you asked me to be yours forever? I am.
Happy Birthday my love.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
okay, all teary-eyed over here.
BIG love to you both, the boy and the woman who saw the man in him and off they go...happily ever after.
I never would have imagined that it would keep getting better but it does. I'm so happy to be with you and can't wait for our future.
this is beautiful...
Post a Comment